Friday, October 16, 2015

GMCT Goal 2/My One Word

Have you heard of "My One Word"? I like to set a one word goal for myself each year; in the past I had a phrase or a theme but now I narrow it down to one word and try to structure my goals and endeavors for the year around it. Last year my word was Imperfect. As I prepared to become a mama, I knew it was important for me to acknowledge that things can be imperfect and still be awesome, fun, memorable, and enjoyable. I also realized last year that I don't normally come up with my word around the start of the year, when everyone makes resolutions, so I decided to shift that timing to my birthday. September works with my biorhythms because it's back to school time, so it's a  nice time to start fresh. And also buy a new backpack for no reason.

So this year Luis suggested that I have two words: one for motherhood and one for Katehood. As usual, my darling man was wise and right. He reminded me that I am a mama, but I am also a lot of other things, and once he heard my mama-word he said it might not be appropriate for work. Heh. Hashtag boundaries, amiright?

This year my Mama One Word is Playful. My Kate One Word is Execute.

At this stage in Emily's life, what she does shapes how she grows and playtime is the perfect time to teach her. Through play, she can develop fine and gross motor skills, problem solving, and recognition. She can do all of this and have fun, which also means she flashes her million dollar two teeth grin, which melts my heart. Win win win win win. I want to get down on the floor and play, let her climb on me and drool, and just be her mama. We have so much fun together and I love playing with her. And yet, I am guilty of checking FB during play time, or folding laundry that can wait. I have a feeling this will always be a struggle, and I know I am not the only mama who struggles with this. So, lots of work here and lots of opportunities for fun!!

My Kate One Word is Execute. Ahhhhh this is going to be a tough one. I am the queen of making lists... of things that never get crossed off. I have so many good ideas swirling in my head... that never get into my life. This one touches all areas of my life, especially health and work. I have so many things to say about this one! I think Execute has a lot to do with acknowledging my authentic self (Authentic was the word two years ago). So so so much to say about this one.

So there you have it, two goals in one. More to come.

Still tearing it up on the Elliptical Challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment