Monday, February 28, 2011

Delightful Chocolate Cake




This cake is absolutely and undeniably delicious. Two layers of chocolate, raspberry filling, chocolate frosting. Here are my lessons learned from this gem:



GF can be pretty expensive. This cake has 4 cups of almond flour and a few cups of agave syrup. Those two ingredients, in those amounts, cost over $15. This cake is for special occasions.



Do not buy generic frosting! I used Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines for this cake. A few weeks ago I bought store-brand frosting that had wheat in it and I was sick for about a week.



Cakes this dense should be made into layer cakes. Even in small discs, the middle collapsed- probably because of the liquids that the agave adds.



Take this cake when I really want to impress people. Because it totally does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment